Zero Emission Vehicle Infrastructure Program
Tips for Quality Applications
Natural Resources Canada (NRCAN) recently launched a Request for Proposals for its Zero Emission Vehicle Infrastructure Program (ZEVIP) - a cost-sharing program to fund the construction of electric vehicle charging and hydrogen stations.
Applications are now open until August 11th, 2022.
The ZEVIP is a competitive application process, with eligible projects including electric vehicle charging and hydrogen refuelling infrastructure projects in public places, on-street, workplaces, multi-unit residential buildings (MURBS) and for vehicle fleets.
Tips for a successful application:
Last week, NRCAN held a webinar where they discussed the application requirements and mandatory minimum criteria. (Here is a copy of the presentation slides, and a link the link to the webinar –
Password: infrAstructure2022 (webinar starts at 8 minutes and 15 seconds)
Most importantly, they highlighted seven tips for a successful application:
1. Compare your application with the Guide’s requirements.
2. Submit well in advance of the submission deadline.
3. Please consider consulting NRCan’s list of delivery organizations if you are unable to meet the number of required chargers.
4. Make sure all mandatory criteria are met and that you provide supporting documentation where relevant.
5. Make sure that you address all of the items in the merit criteria and that you provide a detailed and clear description for each.
6. Make sure all documents including program forms and other supporting documents are part of your application package.
7. Review the sample contribution agreement in Applicant’s Guide.
If you have any questions about the Program, please do not hesitate to contact BOMA BC’s Government Relations Director, Zach Segal at email@example.com or the ZEVIP program administrator at: ZEV-infra-VEZ@nrcan-rncan.gc.ca