Office Building: All office buildings with at least 50% office area are eligible. Must have at least 50% office space.
Industrial Building: All buildings, comprising a total project, to include any single building industrial properties, one to two stories in height, with more than 5% and less than 50% office area. Building(s) must have a loading dock, roll-up or sliding rear door(s) for loading, with no common lobby or corridors except for restroom vestibules and utility or fire equipment access.
Retail Building (Shopping Centre): A group of retail and other commercial establishments, either enclosed or open air, managed by one company. The entry must be managed as a single property, one to multiple levels in height with a minimum of 50% occupancy. The anchor ration must be at least 25 per cent and the property must contain at least one anchor retailer (grocery, fashion, department store, etc.).
The entry may consist of Neighborhood Centres (30,000-150,000 sf); Community Centres (100,000-400,000 sf); Power Centres (250,000-600,000 sf); Regional Shopping Centres (400,000-800,000 sf); or Super Regional Shopping Centres (800,000+ sf).
Multi-Unit Residential Building (MURB): Buildings comprised of a common entrance and separate units that are also known as apartments constructed for dwelling purposes. Must have one primary exterior door access, with each of the apartments connected by an interior door. All of the units must connect to each other (or a central corridor) by some interior door.
Low Rise (2 to 3) - building must comprise of two floors above ground, and four apartment dwelling units; Mid Rise (4 to 9); High Rise (10+); Multi-Unit Residential Building Complex (a group of buildings that have common management personnel, common management practises, and a common central plant.
Health Care Facility (hospitals/medical office buildings): General medical and surgical hospitals, critical access hospitals, and children's hospitals. These facilities provide acute care services intended to treat patients for short periods of time including emergency medical care, physician's office services, diagnostic care, ambulatory care, surgical care, and limited specialty services such as rehabilitation and cancer care.
To qualify as a Hospital, the following requirements must be met:
- more than 50% of the gross floor area of all buildings must be used for general medical and surgical services, AND;
- more than 50% of the licensed beds must provide acute care services, AND;
- these facilities must operate on a 24/7 basis, AND;
Facilities that use more than 50% of the gross floor area for long-term care, skilled nursing, specialty care, and/or ambulatory surgical centers OR that have less than 50% of their beds licensed for acute care services are not considered hospitals under this definition.
Medical office buildings that meet the following requirements:
- more than 50% of total facility space is used primarily to provide diagnosis and treatment (no major surgery) for medical, dental, or psychiatric outpatient care;
- these facilities do not operate on a 24/7 basis.
Application fee: tba
Entry deadline: March 2017
- Seven to ten colour photos (Two exterior shots, four interior shots (ie: common areas, mechanical room, controls, recycling facilities) and one group shot of staff are the minimum picture requirements. The remaining photos are of your choice.
- Company logo
- Email them one at a time to firstname.lastname@example.org; or use a free image-sharing service (i.e. Dropbox) and email the link to the folder to email@example.com.
- JPEG files only, saved as highest quality.
- Each photo should be no less than 1mb and no more than 6mb.
Read the 'Helpful Hints' brochure for more information.
Entry Form to be uploaded in December 2016