Modernizing the Zoning and Development By-law
The City of Vancouver is modernizing the Zoning and Development By-law to make it easier to use and understand. The modifications will involve improvements to the format, organization, and wording through clearer rules, more diagrams, and consolidating rules. Starting April 22 to May 6, 2022, you can share your feedback and participate in consultations on the Zoning Development By-law and how to improve it.
There will a public engagement session on April 27th, 2022 where you can learn more about the proposed improvements and provide feedback:
Event: Proposed New Zoning and Development By-law Format (virtual)
Date: Wednesday, April 27, 10:00am – 11:00am
Registration is now open: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/information-session-draft-updated-zoning-and-development-by-law-registration-317338587257
Here are some features in the proposed modernized by law:
- New tables and illustrations to help communicate building form and placement regulations (building height, yards, setbacks) for each zoning district.
- Enhanced document navigation and accessibility.
- Removal of outdated regulations.
- Clarification of rules to improve alignment between district schedule regulations and guidelines.
- Grouping similar sections together and updating writing standards.
Check Vancouver.ca/RegRedesign for updates and to sign up for project notifications!